In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.The đô thị will build a new bridge across the river.
This question was previously asked in
Bạn đang xem: they are going to build a new bridge
SSC CGL Tier 2 English Previous Paper 8 (Held On: 18 Feb 2018)
View all SSC CGL Papers >
- A new bridge across the river will be built by the đô thị.
- A bridge which is new will be built by the đô thị.
- Building of a new bridge will be done by the đô thị.
- The đô thị will be building a new bridge across the river.
Answer (Detailed Solution Below)
Option 1 : A new bridge across the river will be built by the đô thị.
10 Questions 10 Marks 7 Mins
The given sentence is in the Active voice, as the size of the verb (‘will build’) shows that its subject (‘the city’) was doing something and was ‘active’.
Xem thêm: 7 5 la ngay gi
Therefore, it must be changed lớn the Passive voice, where something could be done by the subject, and it was ‘passive’.
In order lớn bởi that,
1. The object of the transitive verb in the Active voice should become the subject of the verb in the Passive voice (‘a new bridge’ becomes the subject in place of ‘city’).
2. Add the appropriate size of the verb 'be' lớn the sentence and use the past participle of the verb (‘will build’ is converted lớn 'will be built').
3. Add a 'by' followed by the doer of the action.
Xem thêm: cach uop suon bo nuong
Thus, the same sentence in the Passive voice is ‘A new bridge across the river will be built by the city’.
Last updated on Oct 30, 2023
SSC CGL Tier 2 Notification for the 2024 cycle lớn be out on 11th June 2024! The Staff Selection Commission has officially released the SSC CHSL Answer Key 2023 for the Tier 2 exam held from 26 lớn 27 October 2023. Candidates will be able lớn raise objections against this SSC CGL Tier 2 Answer Key 2023 till 1st November 2023 using the direct links given below. The Tier-1 Examination was conducted from 14th July 2023 lớn 27th July 2023. The SSC CGL Eligibility is a bachelor’s degree in the concerned discipline. This year, SSC completely changed the exam pattern. To prepare based on the same practice with our SSC CGL Mock Tests. Candidates should also use the SSC CGL previous year's papers for a good revision. Check SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Analysis here.