1. ________ having the best qualifications among all the applicants, Justin was not offered the job.
A. Although B. While C. In spite of D. Despite of
2. ________ the mạng internet is very popular, many older people tự not know how to tướng use it.
A. However B. Nevertheless C. Even though D. Despite
3. _________ he wasn’t feeling very well, David was determined to tướng take part in the inter-university athletics meet.
A. Although B. While C. Where as D. yet
4. __________ what Megan prepared for the job interview, she didn’t pass it.
A. Despite of B. In spite of C. Though D. However
5. Bruce was not praised_________ he was a hard worker.
A. despite B. in spite of C. although D. no matter how
6. It looks lượt thích they are going to tướng succeed_________ their present difficulties.
A. despite B. although C. in spite D. even though
7. Mary usually goes to tướng parties. She likes meeting people and crowded places ________she is rather shy.
A. In spite of B. Even though C. On the contrary D. In other words
8. Ann: Have you decided to tướng get the job?
Terry: Yes, I’ve just decided. I’ll accept that job_________ it is not suitable with my major. It is not an interesting job, ________ the salary is very good.
A. although / but B. despite / and C. but / though D. yet / however
9. ________, he has continued to tướng work on his thesis.
A. Although all these problems B. Even though there are problems
C. Despite of all these problems D. In spite of there are problems
10. In spite of ____________, he was determined to tướng finish his work.
A. was seriously ill. B. be seriously ill C. his serious illness D. he was seriously ill
11. _______ some German and British management styles are similar, there are many differences between them.
A. In spite B. In spite of C. although D. Despite
12. I could not eat _______ I was very hungry.
A. even though B. in spite C. despite D. despite of
13. In spite _______, the baseball game was not cancelled.
A. the rain B. of the rain B. it was raining D. there was a rain
14. _______ he had enough money, he refused to tướng buy a new xế hộp.
A. In spite B. In spite of C. Despite D. Although
15. _______, he walked to tướng the station.
A. Despite being tired B. Although to tướng be tired
C. In spite being tired D. Despite tired
16. The children slept well despite _______.
A. it was noise B. the noise C. of the noise D. noisy
17. She left him _______ she still loved him.
A. even if B. even though C. in spite of D. despite
18. _______ her lack of hard work, she was promoted.
A. In spite B. Even though C. In spite of D. Despite of
19. _______ they are brothers, they tự not look alike.
A. Although B. Even C. Despite D. In spite of
20. Our new neighbors are quite nice _______ they are sometimes talkative.
A. despite B. in spite of C. though D. as though
21. _______ of the difficulty, they managed to tướng climb to tướng the top of the mountain.
A. In spite B. Despite C. But D. Although
22. _____________, he could not finish the job.
A. As hard as he work B. Despite he worked hard
C. Though he worked hard D. Although hard work
23. He went to tướng work _____________ his headache.
A. despite B. although C. because D. because of
Xem thêm: unit 2 a closer look 2 lop 7
24. Despite the fact that _______, we enjoyed our trip.
A. the weather is bad B. it is a bad weather
C. the bad weather D. the weather was bad
25. Julie failed the exam _______ of working very hard.
A. despite B. in spite C. even if D. though
26. Tom went to tướng work despite _______.
A. that he did not feel very well B. of the fact not feeling well
C. he did not feel very well D. not feeling very well
27. Though _______, they are good friends.
A. their sometimes quarrel B. to tướng have a quarrel sometimes
C. they sometimes have a quarrel D. of having a quarrel sometimes
28. Despite _______, we arrived on time.
A. the traffic B. of the traffic
C. there was heavy traffic D. of there was heavy traffic
29. ___________it was very cold, she did not put on her coat.
A. In case B. But C. Even if D. Although
30. __________ rain or snow, there are always more kêu ca fifty thousand fans at the football games.
A. Despite B. Although C. Despite of D. Although
31. __________it was sánh cold, he went out without an overcoat.
A. If B. Since C. Although D. Because
32. We understood him __________ he spoke very fast.
A. because of B. though C. in spite of D. despite
33. _________ all my warnings, he tried to tướng fix the computer himself.
A. Because B. Because of C. Although D. In spite of
34. Hans finished school __________ his leg injury.
A. because of B. despite C. though D. because
35. I try to tướng tự my homework ___________ the noise
A. because of B. although C. despite of D. in spite of
36. ___________ it rained heavily, we enjoyed our holiday.
A. Because of B. Because C. Despite D. Though
37. ___________ having little money, they are happy.
A. Despite B. Because of C. Although D. Because
38. ____________ she was not well, she still went to tướng work.
A. Because B. Because of C. Although D. In spite of
39. We are going to tướng have a picnic _____________ the bad weather.
A. because B. despite C. although D. because of
40. __________ his physical handicap, he has become a successful businessman.
A. Because of B. Because C. Though D. Despite
41. Although the sun was shining, __________.
A. it wasn’t very hot B. it was very hot C. yet it was very hot D. but it was very hot
42. Nowadays, the divorce rate is higher kêu ca it used to tướng be________ young people are allowed to tướng decide on their marriage.
A. despite B. but C. even though D. in spite of
43. _________ his poor health, Mr. Brown still works hard to tướng tư vấn his family.
A. Despite of B. Despite C. Although D. Because of
44. I gave up the job ________ the attractive salary.
A. because B. because of C. although D. despite
45. _________ my father is old, he still goes jogging.
A. Although B. Because C. So that D. Despite
Xem thêm: cach lam goi ngo sen ngon